Established on 15 March 2015, by His Excellency Dr. Hage Geingob the Ministry of Public Enterprises(MPE) is responsible for managing Namibia's Public Enterprises(PEs). As the custodians of the PEs Strategic direction by the Ministry of Public Enterprises displayed by achieving its overall mandate that of transforming Namibia's Public Enterprises sector as effective conduits and catalysts for the Nation's economic development.
As the Ministry of Public Enterprises, we are guided by the principles as contained in the contents of Cabinet:
- "Strong, honest and principled leadership,
- Urgently review all the performances, operational efficiency, economic viability of all SOEs and provide policy options thereto,
- Transparent procurement with a focus on empowerment of Namibians and women, and job-creation but not at the expense of value for money,
- Driving a performance culture with your Ministry through leading by example and applying a hand-on approach,
- Engaging and listening to the voices of civil society, particularly grassroots organizations and understanding that the ultimate goal is to improve the living standard of Namibians.
- Reviewing any law, policy and regulation which hampers the effective implementation of the plans and programmes of Government"
MPE will direct, coordinate and supervise the activities of Ministries and Government Departments including parastatal enterprises and to advise the President and National Assembly on the desirability and wisdom of any prevailing subordinate legislation, regulations or orders pertaining to such parastatal enterprises,regard being given to public interest" We are keen to uplift and working together with our stakeholder; customer and general public in making socio-economic development a true reality".I welcome you!