Established on 15 March 2015, by His Excellency Dr. Hage Geingob the Ministry of Public Enterprises(MPE) is responsible for managing Namibia's Public Enterprises(PEs). As the custodians of the PEs Strategic direction by the Ministry of Public Enterprises displayed by achieving its overall mandate that of transforming Namibia's Public Enterprises sector as effective conduits and catalysts for the Nation's economic development.
As the Ministry of Public Enterprises, we are guided by the principles as contained in the contents of Cabinet:
- "Strong, honest and principled leadership,
- Urgently review all the performances, operational efficiency, economic viability of all SOEs and provide policy options thereto,
- Transparent procurement with a focus on empowerment of Namibians and women, and job-creation but not at the expense of value for money,
- Driving a performance culture with your Ministry through leading by example and applying a hand-on approach,
- Engaging and listening to the voices of civil society, particularly grassroots organizations and understanding that the ultimate goal is to improve the living standard of Namibians.
- Reviewing any law, policy and regulation which hampers the effective implementation of the plans and programmes of Government"
MPE will direct, coordinate and supervise the activities of Ministries and Government Departments including parastatal enterprises and to advise the President and National Assembly on the desirability and wisdom of any prevailing subordinate legislation, regulations or orders pertaining to such parastatal enterprises,regard being given to public interest" We are keen to uplift and working together with our stakeholder; customer and general public in making socio-economic development a true reality".I welcome you!
2014 Renumeration Guidelines
Directive 1/2016 Communication Lines
Directive 2/2016 Private Email Address for Official Communication
Directive 3/2016 Suspension of CEO, MD and Senior Management
Directive 5/2016 Co-operation Agreement with forthright countries
October 19, 2017
The winners in the three categories of the Namibian Businesswoman of the Year Awards were announced on Wednesday evening at a Gala Banquet at the Safari Court Conference Centre in Windhoek. The new Young Namibian Businesswoman was named in a separate category...... [read more]
Goeiemann is a man on the edge October 17, 2017
THE works ministry's permanent secretary, Willem Goeiemann, has, since last year, clashed with prime minister Saara Kuugongelwa-Amadhila and two ministers over government matters...... [read more]
Race starts to find the New Namibian Businesswoman of the year
20 September 2017
The adjudication process to determine who will be the new Namibian Businesswoman of the Year started this week Tuesday when the nominees met the jury for the first time. The excitement was tangible when the judges were introduced one by one, followed by a run down of the list of nominees in the three main categories and in the separate category for Young Businesswoman..... [read more]
Namcor rebrands to fit billion-dollar plans
25 August 2017
THE National Petroleum Corporation of Namibia has rebranded its image as part of its strategic plan to become a N$5 billion revenue-generating entity by 2020..... [read more]
NAC blocks politicians
22 August 2017
THE Namibia Airports Company is considering awarding the contract for extensive upgrades to the Hosea Kutako International Airport to an international company through a public private partnership (PPP)..... [read more]